Scientists agree that colors can have an emotional impact on the home atmosphere. Today, there is even a psychology of flowers that determines their influence on a person. Psychologists say that some shades can excite and cause joy, while others are able to calm down, being associated with the sea, delicious fruits or even a certain air temperature. We decided to share with you the conclusions about how color affects a person's mood and well-being. We hope that using this knowledge it will be much easier for you to decide on the color design of the interior and the selection of the linen textiles.
So, let's look at the 3 main color directions and try to decide which shades to choose for a happy life!
Dark and deep colors
The first scientist who seriously started researching how color affects a person's mood and well-being was Y. Gette. After numerous experiments with color perception, Gette revealed that dark shades promote relaxation, calm down and replenish the supply of internal energy.
Then why do dark colors have a bad reputation? And the design of the house in dark colors is perceived as a bold and even slightly extravagant solution?
Dark colors are often associated with fear, loneliness and depression. Although in fact most of the dark and restrained shades are inspired by nature. The dark color scheme gently affects our subconscious, does not cause irritation and fatigue.
What dark shades are able to touch down, refresh, inspire and, most importantly, soothe and create an extraordinary comfort?
- Brown is the color of the earth, trees and the most delicious milk chocolate. Warm shades of brown are associated with constancy, soothe and give a sense of security.
- Dark gray is a beautiful neutral color that can evoke a sense of calm and peace. Most often, dark gray tones can be found in the interiors of rooms belonging to sophisticated and creative people, art lovers, romantic natures who appreciate peace and quiet.
- Black is the color of modesty, constancy and confidence. However, black is the most paradoxical of all dark colors, despite the fact that it can cause a sense of serenity and even contribute to self—esteem. It's still not worth completely decorating the interior in black - the interior will turn out to be too gloomy and will act depressingly. In such a room, you will not be able to relax or work effectively.
Tip: when choosing a dark color scheme, try to mentally recreate the memories of where these shades meet in nature. Imagine an abundance of mossy greenery, a rocky mountain range or clay soil. You can also visualize fragrant natural ingredients such as cumin, nutmeg, sage and coffee. Pay attention to those colors that will cause the warmest and most pleasant associations, they will suit you!
Light and carefree shades
Light pastel colors are what most people come to mind when it comes to tranquility and a peaceful atmosphere. That is why the interior in pastel colors is an eternal classic that never gets bored and does not go out of fashion. Light colors are often associated with flowers and the awakening of nature. The interior in soft pink, blue and white tones will help you feel fresh, cheerful, and with the right combination of textures and light, you can feel at home, like among wildflowers in a meadow on a beautiful spring day.
Which pastel colors are the most favorable for a person?
- White is the color of purity, tranquility and peace of mind. However, with excessive fascination with white, there may be a feeling of isolation and alienation. In the interior, white must be supplemented with other shades so that there is no effect of pale room.
- Pink is the color of tenderness and femininity. It soothes and creates a romantic mood. Since pink color not only normalizes the nervous system, but also facilitates awakening, people with the owl chronotype are recommended to use pink shades for the decoration of bedrooms. If the pure pink color seems too bright to you, pay attention to the peach and coral shades, they are quite neutral and instill a sense of comfort and security.
- Blue color has a calming effect, colors favorably affect the work of the heart and can even help with insomnia. However, be careful — the interior in cold blue colors can also cause melancholy and reduced productivity. Especially if you have a non-sunny side, blue shades can make your home insensitive and uncomfortable.
Bright saturated colors
The bright colorful interior is able to give a sense of movement. However, not everyone decides to embody the idea of a rainbow color in the house! Cheerful tones lift the mood, give a feeling of cheerfulness and bring a charge of energy, but this effect is achieved due to the fact that bright colors stimulate the nervous system, increase blood pressure, slightly accelerate breathing and heartbeat.
The wisest decision is to use bright colors in the interior dosed so that they only benefit your mood and health!
- Red color has a good effect on the condition of the skin and the immune system, stimulates blood circulation and heart function. It is associated with energy, passion, love.
- Orange and yellow are the colors of joy, energy and the sun. Warm colors that will warm you in the coldest weather and make you smile.
- Green is the color of tranquility and enjoyment for the eyes. It has anti-stress properties, and it is almost impossible to get an overdose from it.
You can create a light cozy atmosphere in the house with the help of any colors you like, but you will never make a mistake if you lay beautiful white or natural-colored bed linen, decorate the bed with several bright pillows and complement the interior with a beautiful tablecloth made of 100% linen.